Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I have figured out based on my monthly spending that if I stay on here another year after this one I can save enough money to pay off my student loans in full and come home debt free. I paid off quite a big chunk already this summer. This is with me going to Hong Kong, Thailand, and possibly Beijing this year. (Yes, my job is made of awesome.) So updated plan is stay here two more years, then apply and get on Peace Boat for a 4 month trip around the world. Then come home, apply for the World Peace Fellowship and study International Relations in Argentina OR get a job making some money, hopefully at some college or university working with international students and managing study abroad programs. Maybe move to Chicago. This is the long-term plan. For now. At this very moment.

Because the long term plan says I will be here a while longer I want to make my apartment more homey, which based on the total lack of comfortable surfaces around here means buying a couch from the second hand shop. Now I just have to figure out how to get the couch from the shop to my apartment. Favors will have to be called in I think. "Friend" who likes to use me for English practice only will have to make himself useful here soon.

Even shorter term plan is finding the lost key to my bike lock. It's not looking good though. I'm afraid I'm going to have to trek up to the bike shop and have it cut off. Luckily I can get to all my schools by walking or bus, but I will want that bike sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment