Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Couch!

I took my bike up to the shop yesterday, huffing and puffing all the way up there, only to find it closed. I'll admit, there was some cursing. But then this cute little old Japanese lady next door told me I could leave it, it was locked up after all, and said she would tell the owners I was coming back for it the next day. Then right as I was walking away the owner came out on her way to the grocery. So I left it in their safe keeping for the night.

I went back today and they already had the old lock off. I picked out a new one (no key for me to lose, just a combination to remember) and presto-changeo I had it screwed into place 10 minutes and 2,000 yen later. Woohoo!

But the best news is I have a couch!!!

home 100

home 099



See that lamp on the floor? 900 yen. Oh, recycle shop, how I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment