Friday, September 19, 2008

Typhoon Masamune

My first ever typhoon hit today! It sounds bad but it really means that I got to come home from school early and I am banking on choir practice being cancelled tonight. (Only in Japan do you get choir practice on a Friday night. I mean c'mon!)

Here's a random fact: in Japan they give their typhoons numbers rather than names like we do in America. While trying to explain this to one of the second grade classes, we decided to name this one (#13) after one of the genkier students - Typhoon Masamune.

After class, Masamune came up to Nathan and me and said, "Typhoon Masamune is strong." He flexed his muscles.

"Like you?" I asked.

"Yes. Please be careful."


So here I am, being careful - drinking tea and eating cookies while sitting on my couch in my pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment